Between tapering this week and thoughts of life post-Ironman, I can’t help but think about what I will do on July 21st and every day after that. Jim and I spent a fair amount of our Sunday morning run from the Capitol to Georgetown and across the river wondering just that. Will we keep training? Will we do another Ironman? Or will Jim return to his focus on running, me on swimming, and so on?
Thankfully, those long rides and runs provide plenty of time to dream and plan away! So, here are a couple of my post IMLP plans:
- New Jersey State Triathlon July 27th – Don’t worry, I’m just racing the swim portion of an Olympic Relay! I’ll spend the rest of my time there volunteering and cheering on the 200+ DC Tri Club participants!
- Recruit volunteers and assist with the volunteer coordination for Nation’s Triathlon in DC, September 14th. You should volunteer!
- August/September backpacking trip in Boulder!
- September cycling trip on Martha’s Vineyard!
- Throw some dinner parties
- Visit Ann Arbor
I’m considering doing one more race too. Maybe an olympic or sprint distance? Any suggestions for one in late August or September?