A few things I love about training in Boston:
- Hearing the cannon go off in the Navy Yard when I’m walking home from the Charlestown YMCA after my morning swim. I know it’s 8 am. I know I’ll be just on time, if not a little late, to work. And, I feel strong and happy.
- Evening runs along the Charles River
- Getting lost on the roads near Walden Pond, only to find myself on another route I know – even if it adds 20 miles to the ride
- Treating myself to coffee at Sorelle or Zumes
- The quiet of Broadway Ave in Somerville before 6 am. I try to meet up with my teammates at least one Tu/Th a week for a morning ride and swim around Mystic Lakes.
- The triathlon community center at Walden – Sat AM, you’re bound to bump into a friend!