I went to Lake Placid over Memorial Day Weekend and picked up a few tips that will be good to know for race weekend – just a month away!
1. The road conditions on Rt. 73 heading out of LP towards Keene are a little rough, but the rest of the roads on the bike route are in good shape.
2. There’s a new hotel going up next door to the Lake Placid Brewery. It’s a Hampton Inn and is open for the race weekend.
3. Lake Placid Brewery now has a third floor! With a kids play room and a big room for private parties
4. Bluesberry Bakery on Main St will make things (like maple walnut scones) special order if you call ahead!
5. There’s a new grocery store in town. Hannaford is across the street from Price Chopper now.
6. Placid Planet Bicycle shop will be open 24 hours a day during race week
And, hopefully, we won’t see any of this weather we saw in May: