‘Twas the night before Ironman and all through Sunny Bay Estate, not a creature was stirring, not even 4 month old Jake. Our special needs bags were packed with care, in hopes that the words “You Are An Ironman” would soon be there.
My alarm is set for 4 am. I’m as ready as I’ll ever be. If I could toss away my final worries tonight, I would throw away this headache and the fear of the heat and beating sun.
What I will carry on the course with me tomorrow are these great things:
- I have friends cheering me on from coast to coast
- My parents made the trek all the way from Albany, NY to see me race for the 3rd time. Thanks for being my #1 Ironfans!
- I have over 25 friends participating with me tomorrow. Just seeing them out there will be wonderful!
- My dad and I hung a special sign along the run course for all my friends racing.
- I get to have pancakes and bacon at my house when i finish. Yup, already bought the ingredients! And, real maple syrup of course!
Photos, race updates and more to come soon!