This whole training season, I’ve felt like I’m a step behind in my training. From an early season stress fracture to new outdoor distractions (kayaking!), I’ve logged fewer miles on my feet and less time in the saddle than all my other friends. I started to doubt if I was really training for IM Canada, or just merely talking about it. Then, I noticed these telltale signs that all IM athletes know – sure signs that you are indeed training and it’s paying off!
- I picked up work clothes from the dry cleaner and they are falling off me
- My jeans are tight in the thighs and loose in the waist
- I’m hungry all the time. To the point that it hurts and totally distracts me.
- I’m falling asleep by 10 pm
- I can run 16 miles and feel great!
For all you IM finishers out there, how do you know when your training is paying off?