It’s Race Day!
I promised updates, so here they are.
At this very moment, I know that Sara is awake, and getting ready to head to the race to get body-marked. How do I know this? Well, for starters, I spoke with her last night. I also checked out the Ironman website and found this information for the participants that I wanted to share with you all:
- 5am – 6:30am – Athletes report to transition zone for body-marking
- 6:30am – Athletes must be at swim start
- 7am – Race starts
- 7:50am – estimated time for the first swimmer to be out of the water, first biker starts
- 12:30pm – first biker returns, first runner sets off
- 3:30pm – approximate time of 1st finisher
And yes, while I was physically at the start of the IMLP last year, I still asked her this question:
“Is it totally my imagination, or did the IMLP start at 8am?”
“It’s your imagination”
I also took a a look around the official Ironman website, and found this handy athlete tracker!
Remember, Sara’s bib number is 2230, so be sure to keep tabs on her as she moves through the course. Don’t forget to check on her IMOO buddies too!